Agafonov Slava Resume
Tech leader with 12 years of experience in software engineering, machine learning, and talent building. Focused on customers’ while acting as a bridge from business to technology with an innovative spirit.
Education & Training
Company: Microsoft Software Development Engineer (2011 – present)
Working in Bing AI Core Knowledge & Conversation, Bing Ads, and Dynamics CRM. Received four promotions in the from contract SDET to full-time SDE. Now the effort is on AI services with machine learning and natural language processing in the 10 TB graph called Satori to power Cortana and Office.
- Created scalable service for state of the art natural language processing project NEMO; improved backend with 15% less loading time, 5% less memory, and 50% faster performance without a change in precision or recall.
- Conducted NLP pipeline for Wikipedia tables extraction with 23,000 relationships.
- Mentored and led a team of four to determine a content type and generate attributions or encumbrances automatically. Drove a team developed internal admin portal and encumbrance rules for graph on Bing.com.
- Led a team of three senior engineers in California to develop Bing Ads Content API version 2. Increased daily revenue from $2K in November 2015 to $20K in May 2016, and to $12M annually.
- Oversaw customer’s onboarding for Nordstrom, Alibaba, com, Rakuten, and eBay, e.g. that entailed prioritizing custom features and delivering 24/7 support.
- Built request for information service to send ads emails from SMTP server - 1M emails per hour.
- Architected orchestration engine to extract storage content and to upload it in Azure Table (NOSQL) storage with the optimized infrastructure to support speed over 1000 rows of blob data per second.
- Shipped service for credit card payments and integrated it with Commerce Transaction Platform
- Tested Bing Business Portal, MSN offers, and Loyalty service with 64 end to end tests, fixed 30 bugs.
- Designed and created automation for CAP (Customer Assistance Portal) that was used by on-call support in Windows, MSN, and Xbox daily.
- Found and helped resolve 100 critical, performances and other product bugs. Developed WPF UI automation framework with 70% test code coverage.
- Developed verification tools for production data migration from Dynamics CRM Online from GFS servers to Windows Azure cloud and discovered more than 30 customers facing bugs.
Company: Global Logic Software Development Engineer (2010 – 2011)
The first day of the job was a business trip to Boston for training on the surgical device in Medtronic laboratory. I reverse engineered source code on X-ray imaging system known as the O-arm. Verified new software in the laboratory on O-Arm device portable 3D X-ray imaging system.
- Drove project for stability improvements in O-arm devices with stable TCP/IP network framework.
- Reduced time for lab testing and save money for business trips to Boston.
- Designed convenient web-based tool for analyzing log files produced by the O-Arm System with MVS and IAS applications that increased support team productivity by a few hours a day and reduced time for debugging problems on remote devices with easy integration to Excel.
- Oversaw communication framework with keep-alive restore connection and XML system message validation. Improved application lifetime and network stability for each device in the system.
- Created hardware emulator to provide a development environment that allowed offshore development teams to work independently from anywhere in the world.
Company: TEAM International Software Development Engineer (2008 – 2010)
Solicited and consulted companies around the globe to acquire new businesses as a consultant first and then remote offshore team in Ukraine. Involved extensive travel with new projects in publishing, recruitment, and e-commerce.
- Assembled brand new build system and skilled team to use it across all projects.
- Consulted versatile online application to manage the recruitment lifecycle called Talents.
- Resolved internationalization, extensibility and scalability problems, and implementation used in IBM, Yorkshire Water Services, and Hampton’s for recruitment agencies.
- Analyzed complex multi-stage hiring process and workflows for IBM, Siemens, and
- Developed portal to link with external servers via web services for features like respond to jobs, submit candidates, reporting, and own branding on all elements of the recruiting agency websites.
- Made e-publishing platform for Apex CoVantage to speed up OCR for publishers with 5K users.
Company: Altron Software Development Engineer (2005 – 2008)
Started working full-time while studying bachelor’s degree. After three years led startup team of 5 to develop projects for Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine. Organized company recruiting process and trained & mentored employees to develop frontend and backend applications used for phone station certifications and surveillance. Implemented frameworks for data extracting from GSM and CDMA stations and presented in a user-friendly format for security team personnel.
- Wrote project for first national CDMA operator in Odessa to create unique message protocols for Lucent/Alcatel phone station. Conducted software for Intertelecom company to increase coverage from 5 to 16 regions of Ukraine.
- Performed certifications for three stations in Kiev and Vinnytsia for Utel (UMTS/WCDMA) and successfully onboard biggest mobile service providers in Ukraine and Russia - MTS.
- Mentored team of 5, built architecture and implementation for the core encoding/decoding framework in international telephone exchange stations like Huawei, Ericsson, and Lucent.
- Conducted client/server program (Switch Node) to emulate TCP/IP and UDP traffic from telephone stations and to follow SMS or voice network protocol messages. It was a multithreaded tool with internal finite state machine with command processor.
Personal Interests & Community
- Founded data analytics platform for batteries with CTO role: http://cloudinstruments.org
- Element 8 Angels volunteer fellow – due diligence for early-stage tech startups in sustainability space
- Blog about software development and entrepreneurship: http://agafonovslava.com