Ultimate version of Visual Studio is most powerful and it is cost around 11,899$ that is not cheap at all. In this post I'm going to discover why it is so expensive and what additional features include this package. 2010 Ultimate lets you bring your vision to life targeting an increasing number of platforms, technologies—including cloud and parallel computing it provides an integrated environment of tools and server infrastructure that simplifies the all application development process.
Top 10 features and benefits:
● IntelliTrace™ Eliminates ‘No Repro’ Easily step through code that was previously executed on the same or another machine in order to identify what happened during the code execution and significantly cut down on time spent reproducing a bug. IntelliTrace™ makes the “no-repro” discussion a thing of the past. Testers can file rich and actionable bugs with system information including an environment snapshot that enables developers to reproduce the reported bug in the state it was found.
● Understand Existing Architectures The Architecture Explorer and UML sequence diagrams help you explore and understand your existing code assets and their inter-dependencies.
● Ensure Architectural Compliance Use layer diagramming to define and communicate logical application architecture and optionally enforce architecture rules with check-in policies as code is created.
● Profile Application Performance Measure the performance of your applications and locate performance bottlenecks in CPU utilization, memory consumption, database interactions, Jscript/Ajax call patterns and concurrency synchronization. Use the performance profiler in conjunction with Load Testing to identify performance bottlenecks under stress and load.
● Discover Common Coding Errors Code Analysis is now simple to configure with customizable rule sets that can be targeted at specific scenarios or areas of emphasis. Enforce rule sets with the code analysis checking policy to reduce common coding errors in application or database code before they get into production.
● Prototype User Interface Ideas Quickly By using SketchFlow in Expression Studio you can quickly deliver a functioning prototype that looks and feels like handwritten mockups.
● Build Collaboration Solutions on Microsoft SharePoint® New support for SharePoint development, including tooling for Web Parts, Lists, Workflows, and Events and more, so you can bring great new customized collaboration tools to your company.
● Automate User Interface Testing Use Coded User Interface Tests to automate the testing of UI elements in your applications. Visual Studio 2010 automatically generates test code that can be executed manually or incorporated as part of your build process to automate UI regression testing.
● Create, Manage and Execute Tests Microsoft Test Manager 2010 lets you easily define your testing effort for a specific iteration in your project, run manual tests and measure your progress. In addition to creating and managing test assets like plans, suites and test cases you can also create and manage virtual lab configurations for your test environments.
● MSDN Subscription Included MSDN Subscriptions are a convenient way to cost-effectively develop applications on the Microsoft platform with a simple licensing model and broad high quality information resources. Visual Studio 2010 Visual Studio Ultimate Premium Professional, Test Professional with MSDN with MSDN with MSDN 2010 with MSDN.
In order to start install Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate click on autorun.exe
If you are using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate installation .iso file from a DVD, you can mount .iso images using a tool like Gizmo or just extract .iso archive with something like activators 7z or RAR.
If you put custom installation your disc space for VS 2010 Ultimate can be less. But you still need approximately from 5 to 7 gigs for this IDE.
As you can see required space is almost 6 gigabytes.
Here you will need two reboots. Note if are not at computer front desk it will not manually rebooted. That is why you should wait until .NET Framework Installed than first reboot. After that Microsoft Installer 4.5 Update will be installed and second reboot. That is last reboot and you can go to watch TV or you can start make some launch Quality of next screen is not good because I put couple of them in one screen and attached all list of installation products.
Those windows occur 2 times before and after reboot when installation process not finished.
Visual Studio web site
Additional analyze of features - Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.pdf (2.24 mb)
Moving to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (VS2008).pdf (8.00 mb)
Visual Studio Async
Visual Studio 2010 Tips and Tricks
Visual Studio 2010 code snippets
Debugging with IntelliTrace in Visual Studio 2010
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Setup Insallation and features analyze
If you don't have 12 thousands of dollars you always can try trial version of studio and see how it works. Install log can be found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - ENU\Logs\dd_install_vs_vstscore_100.txt Readme for Visual Studio 2010 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=133421 Security notes can be found at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=143397 If you want to install help documentation, Install Documentationbutton . If you do not want to install documentation end the VS2010 setup using Finish button. If you prefer to install Help documents, the necessary MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2010 the first screen in the setup wizard will request you to choose location for help documentation. Studio is working really fast, much faster than 2005 and 2008, but it is still has several bugs, not critical of course. What do you think about Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate?